Visioning often feels like a luxury. This time before the close of the year can be slow – take some of it for yourself – set priorities and goals, get yourself checked-in to the new year and how you would like it to unfold. Life is life – it might not go the way you want it to when you want it to, but it definitely won’t go in the direction you want if you don’t choose a direction and cleave to it.
You can do these as timed free writes, if you like. Give yourself 3-5 minutes for each. Or just write on each until you don’t have anything left to say. You can do them in a few sessions – don’t pressure yourself out of doing them!
Put on some music, close a door, sit back, and be real with yourself.
- What do I like about my life right now?
- What interests me, excites me, brings pleasure or fills my emotional bank account?
- Where in my life am I doing these things?
- What am I grateful for?
- What are the most significant changes, accomplishments, shifts in my perspective, etc. from where I was a year ago?
- What would I really like to see happen in my life in the next 12 months?
- Based on the big picture of the last 12 months (the last year) how would I like my life to look different 90 days from now?
- What change between now and then would make a huge difference to me?
- What are the most important things the person I want to become is doing?
- In which areas of my life do I most want to focus my time, energy, and efforts over the next 90 days?
- What opportunities are available to me now that might not have been possible before?
For information on E. Amato’s writing and editorial services, coaching and consultations click here.